Biking Saigon to Hanoi with Vietnam Backroads Bicycle Tours. Vietnam prides its having many world heritage sites and 2 big national parks. Two thirds of its land is covered in rolling hills and mountainous regions, which attracts many travelers every year. Bicycling has become a practical and fun way to visit our country. How can you touch the real life of Vietnam? Certainly, there is no better way than cycling! Vietnam Bike Tours
|Tour code||VBA: 14A-SGN-HANC||Road surfaces||
dirty hilly tracks, rural coastal roads, broken roads and asphalt back roads
14 days/ 13 nights
|No. of cycling days||
6 full days and 3 half days
Minimum: 02 - Maximum:12
in Saigon, HCMC.
|Services included||Services not included|
- Transport by A/C mini van, minibus
- Travel insurance
Hi Vietnam Backroads,
Yes - now safely back in the UK. Although there was some snow on the ground when we arrived home last weekend the temperature has just warmed up here and it is now slightly warmer than it was on our first day in Hanoi (17 degrees)!!
Add: 6 Heather Lea Avenue Sheffield, England S1730J
Hello Vietnam Backroads Bicycle Tours,
We are back in the flatlands, in Holland. We have wonderful memories of our trip in Vietnam, we are very happy about the holiday. This was the first time we were on a biking holiday and we were very impressed by the smooth organisation of Vietnam Backroads. We are very happy about every aspect of the holiday and don't know anything we are not happy - not even when we think very hard on it.
To be specific we are very happy about:
- the information before the trip (website, e-mails, adjustments on standard program).
- the bikes were of high quality and well maintained.
To be honest we were a bit worried about it in advance as it is so important for the quality of the trip. Even when the bike size was not correct for me on the first day it was solved the next day with a larger framesize.
- the mechanical skills of Van and Trang. They continously optimized the bikes for us.
- the routes and the maps by Van - they were really the backroads of Vietnam and we never had to bike on the busy and dangerous highways. The routes were easily adapted to the circumstances (longer or shorter trip). Combined with the mechanical skills this is for us the most unique features of this company.
- the chosen hotels. The only hotel which fell al little out of tune was the one in Hanoi.
- the information Trang gave to us about the history and culture of Vietnam.
- the safe driving of Mr. Huang. In a way we were always happy to see him as we knew that he would have fresh water and fruits for us ready. During transfers we felt always very safe.
One advice for booking the flight tickets: ask for the names as given in the pasports, since a change can cause problems at in checking for the flights. Another thing is that one request for not taking any more pictures of your guests should have been enough, and three requests is too many. We're happy to recommand your company to anyone who wants to cycle in Vietnam. We're certainly to return to your company one day to have another trip in Vietnam or Cambodia.
Best regards, 23 May 2012. Biking video clip
The trip was fantastic, Van. Your choice of places to buy fruit, see sights and people, to eat in restaurants, and to interact with local population was exceptional. We appreciated your flexibility about length of rides and changing agendas to see sights or eat at more interesting restaurants. We enjoyed learning about the country and culture your perspective. The bike maintenance was impeccable, as were the bike refreshments. The bike equipment was high quality. We love the jerseys. Fantastic! Biking Vietnam Backroads 2012
Well now I am back home, unpacked and have sorted myself out. My return trip from Hanoi was smooth sailing and I had no problems. I want to say that I had a most excellent trip and it went far beyond my expectations. In fact, I can confidently say that it was the best value, best organised and best run bicycle tour I have been on, and I have been on a few. I will have no hesitation in recommending most highly Vietnam Backroads to any of my friends and acquaintances. And I shall certainly tell them how flexible you are in meeting peoples' specific needs. I agree that to get a better Vietnam experience a three star hotel is better than a four star, and certainly most of the hotels you booked us into were very satisfactory. Cycling Saigon to Hanoi 13 Jan 2012 Biking Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi